Sunday 25 November 2012

Herringbone part one

Enamel donut with wirework bale and chain
This does not necessarily mean there will be a part two you understand so don't be holding your breath.

I've been playing around with herringbone weave this week. I'm not quite done with it yet, I still have a few ideas kicking around in my head that I'd like to try out.

This necklace uses an enamel donut I made ages ago and loved but I never quite found the right combo that made it into a something.

It has been looking at me from the slide pockets I stick up on the wall to keep half thought out things, doodles, near misses and "I like it but have no idea where I am going with this" things.

Anyway, I did some herringbone weave on the blue & orange crackle beads. Then off I went wondering what would happen if I didn't weave round a bead and while testing that idea to destruction came up with the herringbone bale based around a tiny copper bead.

Et voila! a necklace and a lot of scrap wire. Good job I use copper.

Just as soon as I manage to take some decent photos of it,  I'll sweep away the cobwebs in my MISI shop and put it up for sale.


No comments:

Post a Comment